Ammanford RFC | 1st Team 29 - 27 Glynneath RFC | 1st Team
David Jones
1 Try
Shaun Tennant
1 Try
Dylan Rhys Frances
3 Conversion
2 Penalty
Jonothan David Griffiths
1 Try

Match Report
19 April 2019 / Team News

Ammanford v Glynneath


This was our third encounter with Ammanford this season, and with both teams safe mid table it was the opportunity for both teams to play some open rugby.

Unfortunately Glynneath were forced to made several late changes to their announced squad, and with an early injury forcing Owen Nesbitt from the field, they played for 75 minutes with Joe Williams, normally a flanker, playing on the wing.

After a bright start by both teams, first honours went to Ammanford with Mike Rees going over for a try, converted by Steff Roberts. Glynneath responded, and a period of dominance saw Dai Jones go over for a try converted by Dylan Francis. Ammanford unfortunately then saw their prolific kicker, Steff Roberts leave the field, Play continued from end to end, with Ammanford scoring an unconverted try by Carwyn Morris, with Glynneath responding with a Dylan Francis penalty, and a try by Jonothan Griffiths, converted again  Dylan Francis which made the score at half time 12 -17 to Glynneath.

Ammanford opened the second half strongly with an unconverted second try by Carwyn Morris to level the scores. Glynneath started to dominate, and Shaun Tennant went over for a try, again converted by Dylan Francis. Ammanford came back into the game with an unconverted try by George David, Ammanford were missing the skill of Steff Roberts’ kicking.

The game flowed from end to end with both teams going for a win. Glynneath were awarded a penalty on the Ammanford 22 metre line, and, with five minutes left to play, chose to go for the penalty converted by Dylan Francis to make the score 22-27. Ammanford came strongly at Glynneath from the restart, and were rewarded by the winning converted try in the 79th minute.

Final Score 29-27.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos