Bonymaen RFC | 1st Team 12 - 18 Glynneath RFC | 1st Team
Owen Nesbitt
1 Try
Dylan Rhys Frances
1 Conversion
2 Penalty
James Parry
1 Try

Match Report
18 September 2018 / Team News

Bonymaen v Glynneath

Glynneath continued on their positive start to the season with a hard fought 12-18 away win at Bonymaen. Several changes were made from the Glynneath winning team against Ystalyfera, giving opportunities for some players to get valuable game time which will be an asset in a long hard season. The first half was a dour affair, punctuated by numerous penalties from a very zealous referee, and injuries to players on both sides. Penalty kicks were traded by both sides, and at 35minutes the game stood at 9-6 to Bonymean, with Dylan Francis 100% in his efforts for Glynneath, and Bonymaen hitting the posts twice from kickable range that would have given them a good lead. However on 35 minutes Glynneath scored a well worked forwards try by James Parry, which was converted by Dylan Francis to give Glynneath a 9-13 half time lead. Both teams came out in the second half knowing that the first score would be crucial, and after 5 minutes it was Glynneath that scored an unconverted try by Owen Nesbit, again after some good Glynneath play from a ruck near the Bonymaen line, making the score 9-18. Glynneath knew that Bonymaen would throw everything at them, but unfortunately they overstepped the mark and incurred the referee’s wroth which earned Bonymaen three yellow cards in quick succession. Glynneath showed their strength, determination and tackling skills in holding Bonymaen at bay, and could have closed the game out if Dylan Francis penalty kick had not hit the post. After 25 minutes, Glynneath incurred a yellow card for an infringement in a ruck under the posts, and Bonymaen duly converted the penalty to make the score 12-18. Glynneath stuck to their game and ran out the deserved 12-18 winners to preserve their 100% record.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos